Sunday, May 27, 2007

A stroll in the Rain..


Thomas in the rain

The rainy season has come back to us again. I reckon it’s the june-july rain. But this time it has come with an opening calamity called ‘udha errun’. It devastated a lot of people’s lives in Maldives, who depended on agriculture and people who had to evacuate to temporary houses. It has been a couple of days since and we have all forgotten about it. Without any care of how much they will be suffering right now in the cold, with no home or source of income.
______________________________________

Today is another beautiful day of this season. I slept till I could sleep no longer. It was slightly raining when I woke up jus the way it was when I slept. But it was really cold and chilly. My hands and feet were icy cold and I couldn’t uncover them until I turned off the fan. The day continued as another ordinary day but still it felt good. It was like a perfect day…

All day I was waiting for the moment I could go out for a walk in the rain. But no requests were offered, no calls came.. until around 5 30. My mum was going to a shop to buy some groceries. I accompanied her till we reached the plaza. She agreed that I go for a little stroll until she was finished. Anyway, I set off for my little walk as pleased as I could be.

It was very windy and drizzly in our little neighborhood. Most of the road-folks had disappeared to who-knows-where. The only people on the streets were those who had compulsory needs. People who had to work and people like my mom. I could see it written on their face “this is absolute torture!!” ha! I don’t know why some people hated the rain so much. It’s the best weather for me! :)

Anyways, despite how much countless rain-haters surrounded me, I went on walking. I could feel the cool breeze touch my face which felt very pleasant. Especially with the light rain sprinkling down from above.. what a blessing.

The scenery was beautiful. I cursed myself for postponing fixing my cell. Keke.. Well after a while it started getting kinda weird walking with no meaning. I started to get those funny looks from the meddlesome-gossipy-maldivian society hehe. The road-folks started to rise from the dead and mess with girls. So, I decided it was time I went back to the plaza. And so I changed my route..

It was still showery when I reached the plaza and my mom was at the counter. After a short walk, I was home again.. Since then I have been waiting for another episode for a stroll in the rain.. Unfortunately none yet.. (-.-)

A lil' sumthing

No comments: